Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reading

I have started to read "Ready To Restore." I have to say that Jay E. Adams is a little hard to read but has lots of really good information. I am only on the third chapter right now. The thing that has stood out to me the most so far is his point about having an attitude of meekness while counseling. The counselor is no different than the counselee in the fact that they are both sinners in need of a savior. A counselor must remain humble and be a Christ-like example.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I still have not priced the other books yet. Being a procrastinator. But the book I do have is a good start.

"Whatever happens, conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." Philippians 1:27a

No comments:

Post a Comment